Cable Tray System FAQs
- What is a Cable Tray System ?
- What standards / guidelines are available for cable tray systems?
- What types of Cable Tray are available?
- How do I know what type of cable tray is right for my application?
- What materials / finishes are available for the various cable tray systems?
- Now that I know what types of cable trays are available, what configurations are available?
- After selecting the type of cable tray and configuration required, what support methods are available?
- Before selecting the type of cable tray, cable tray configuration(s), and support method desired, what additional information do I need to supply to the cable tray manufacturer for them to best understand and satisfy my needs?
CTI Mission Statement
The Cable Tray Institute (CTI) was founded in 1991 to support the cable tray industry by engaging in research, development, education, and the dissemination of information designed to promote, enhance, and increase the visibility of the industry.
Cable tray, introduced in the mid 1940s, is a safe and economical solution for supporting requirements of electric power, signal, control, instrumentation and communication cables. Fabricated in numerous styles (wiremesh, ladder, ventilated trough, channel, and solid-bottom) and sizes, cable tray provides the greatest versatility among cable support systems, while offering savings of up to 84 percent in labor costs.